I Industrial Design
Definition and Significance
Design refers only to the features of shape, configuration, pattern, ornamentation, composition of color or line or a combination thereof, applied to any article, whether two or three dimensional or in both forms by any industrial process or means which, in the finished article, appeal to and are judged solely by the eye.
Industrial designs are what makes an article attractive and appealing; hence, they add to the commercial value of a product and increase its marketability. When an industrial design is protected, the owner – the person or entity that has registered the design – is assured an ex...
- Design novelty search A preliminary search about the novelty of the designs will be conducted to draw the conclusions about the designs uniqueness before the filing of the design applications by looking for prior arts to improve litigation strength leading to better claims for the design.
- Design application filing (India) Drafting of a well-documented application will be concluded for filing of the design application at the Design wing of the patent Office, India for processing and further prosecution of the design.
- Design application filing (Hague) Drafting of a well-documented application will be concluded for filing up of the design registration application under the Hague System, for the industrial registration of the international designs will be conducted.
- Reply to objections raised by examiner A well-documented and detailed examination report will be provided to the examiner against the objections raised by the examiner for considerations of the novelty and authenticity of the design.
- Attending Hearing A hearing will be conducted before the Examiner of patents and designs, and presentation of a well-documented evidences to comply with the authenticity of the patent under circumstances of objection raised by the examiner against the patent.